Friday, January 6, 2012

Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast




           I don’t know why, but peanut butter is not a popular ingredient in Russia…or, probably, I never paid attention to this condiment when I lived in Moscow – as I’ve mentioned, I was not interested in cooking and exploring grocery stores at the time. So, as I moved to India and discovered this product (as I caught a sight of it sitting on a shelf in a supermarket, I remembered that it was mentioned in the Western movies and decided to give it a try) I didn’t know exactly what to do with it. I was wondering how to incorporate it into our home menu and eventually decided not to invent a wheel: in the long run, most of people around the world simply spread it on a toast and top with banana to get a quick, healthy and nutritious breakfast (it has even got a special “code name” – PB&B toast). Later on I transformed it into a bit more elaborate dish – a stuffed French toast – and added chocolate sauce to it. I realize that the question of it being a healthy breakfast became arguable since then, but…it is so undoubtedly good that, I guess, I will definitely cook it for my friends in Russia – in order to popularize this condiment and yummy things one can make with it!



Ingredients:

Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast
4 slices of breast, crust removed
1 large banana, finely chopped
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp butter
2 eggs
100 ml milk

Chocolate Sauce
50 gm dark chocolate, chopped
100 ml cream


Method:

  1. For the chocolate sauce, place the chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream till it almost starts to boil and pour it over the chocolate. Stir the mixture till its smooth. Transfer to a piping bag.
  2. For the French toast, heat 2 tsp of butter in a small pan and sauté banana pieces till they soften. Transfer to a bowl, add peanut butter and mix well. Spread the mixture on two slices of bread, top with the remaining ones, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes (or overnight) to let the butter harden.
  3. Whisk eggs with milk and pour the mixture in a deep plate. Add stuffed toasts to it and leave to soak for 10 minutes, turning ones.
  4. Heat the remaining butter over high heat. Fry the stuffed toasts on both sides till golden brown. Remove from heat and cut into triangles. Spread the chocolate sauce on the plate and arrange the toasts on top.


1 comment:

  1. Замечательный блог! Очень интересно)
    С Рождетсвом Вас!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...