Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tanzanie Cake




         A couple of months ago I have accidentally learnt that Adriano Zumbo, an extraordinary Australian pâtissier, had released a book. A recipe book, with his Willy Wonka style creations inside! The whole day I was trying to figure out how to get this magical book and (lucky me!) in the evening I was at the party where I met a friend of mine who was going on a trip to Melbourne. I told her about my new obsession and she saved me from loosing a good night’s sleep by promising to bring me the book.

While I was patiently waiting for it to come, I saw a post at a popular Russian food blog niksya.ru with a recipe from it - the girl from Saint Petersburg somehow managed to get the book and had already started to replicate Zumbo-ish creations in her kitchen!  As I looked through the recipe (11 pages long, by the way…ok, 10 without the introduction part of the blogger) I told my husband: “I know what we are gonna have this New Year for dessert!” He estimated the size of the folder with the printed recipe and gave me a skeptical look: “Are you sure?” “Totally!” – I tried to sound as convincing as possible…


No doubt, it was not that easy: there are nine elements in the cake, after all, and the assembling is quite tricky as well. At the same time, I wouldn’t label this dessert as “impossible to make”. It’s just…time-consuming. However, it’s great to spend time in such a way: as you work with chocolate gel and salted chocolate flakes, you can’t but feel enthusiastic about expanding your culinary horizons and stepping into unknown, other-worldly realm.







The recipe can be found in the book "Zumbo" by Adriano Zumbo 







3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cake, this looks so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the title of this and have been holding it awaiting the details. This is a spectacular cake, love the layers. I am looking more into improving my pastry skills and this one does look like a challenge. You have done an amazing job-picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Although this amazing job was pretty hard! )))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...